Found this salad on pinterest – perfect recipe, didn’t change a thing other than the type of lettuce (iceberg makes me gag, not a clue why, so swapped it for chopped romaine.) **Ok, actually upon second thought … I guess I did make quite a few changes, you’ll see .. ** The dressing on this salad was AMAZING and so so simple – WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF IT?? I did add some milk to it to make it a little more fluid but the taco seasoning – genius idea, just genius. I made a large bowl so we were able to eat it two nights in a row – I was genuinely looking forward to coming home and eating it … can’t say that about any other salad I’ve made. Love a good restaurant salad but usually my homemade versions fall short for one reason or another. This guy was so packed with delicious extras that my distaste for lettuce as a whole was a non-issue. This concludes my declaration of love, here is the recipe and the delightful blog it came from…
Original Recipe without my bothersome commentary:
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.
- In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, starting with about half of the dressing. ( **I just kept the dressing separate so my leftovers didn’t have soggy lettuce.)
- Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is dressed to your liking.
- Top with tortilla chips. Enjoy!